- Dark Places – Gillian Flynn (4/5)
- Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher (4/5)
- If Snow Hadn’t Fallen – Sharon Bolton (4/5)
- The End – Charlie Higson (5/5)
- Book of Lies – Teri Terry (5/5)
- Never, Never (part 1) (4/5)
- Never, Never (part 2) (4/5)
- Never, Never (part 3) (4/5)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky (4/5)
- Good Omens – Neil Gaimen and Terry Pratchett (4/5)
- Peter Pan – J. M. Barrie (3/5)
- Binge – Tyler Oakley (4/5)
- Carry On – Rainbow Rowell (700/5)
- It Ends with Us – Colleen Hoover (4/5)
- Dear John – Nicholas Sparks (4/5)
- Dark Matter – Blake Crouch (5/5)
- The Farm – Tom Rob Smith (5/5)
- All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven (5/5)
- The Rain – Virginia Bergin (4/5)
- The Girl with All the Gifts – M. R. Carey (4/5)
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson – John Green (3/5)
I’d also like to take part in the End of Year Survey created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner . There are a lot of questions though, so I chose a couple of my favourite.
2016 Reading Stats
Number of books you read; 21
Number of Re-Reads; none, although some of the books I read this year I definitely plan on re-reading at some point.
Genre you read most from; YA, Contemporary (surprising…) and Mystery were the top 3.
Best in Books
- Best book read; Carry On and Dark Matter were my top 2.
- Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t; Peter Pan. It’s a childhood favourite of many children but I’ve only ever watched the movies etc. I listened to the audiobook and didn’t really enjoy it.
- Most surprising book you read; The Perks of Being a Wallflower. So many people rave about this novel and it was quite enjoyable but not life-changing.
- Book you pushed the most people to read; Carry On. I knew a lot of my friends wanted to read the book anyway but I encouraged them to read it sooner, I guess. They did 🙂
- Best series you started/Best sequel/Best series ender; Never, Never / Never, Never (I only read this series this year) / The End – it was absolutely spectacular. It tied up all the loose ends and the last chapter was my favourite.
- Favourite new author; Colleen Hoover. I read 4 of her books this year and thoroughly loved her writing. I hope to read more of her books this year.
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read; Binge. I don’t usually read autobiographies but I watch Tyler’s YouTube channel and decided to give it a try. I was happily surprised. I plan on reading Connor Franta’s book this year too.
- Most action packed/thrilling book; The Farm – it’s mostly narrated past tense but that almost added to the suspense. And Dark Matter.
- Book you plan on re-reading soon; Carry On. I will forever love this book. Read it, if you haven’t already.
- Favourite cover; Dark Matter. pretttyyy.
- Most memorable character; Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch (Carry On) and Melanie (The Girl with All the Gifts)
- Most thought-provoking; Dark Matter – the theory behind the novel is one that had me thinking days afterwards. I’m still wrapping my head around it. Also, Thirteen Reasons Why – it really brought to my attention how much something that may seem small to you, a simple remark, could mean so much to someone else. And that the snowball effect is real.
- Book you can’t believe you waited so long to finally read; The End – I bought the book almost a year before I actually read it, and almost forgot what the series was about (ha)
- Favourite passage/quote; Binge
- Shortest and longest book; If Snow Hadn’t Fallen and Carry On.
- OTP of the year; Obviously Simon Snow and Baz. Spoiler: It’s canon, okay. My children. (Carry On)
- Book you read that someone recommended you; All the Bright Places. (Thanks, Mics <3)
- Book that made you nearly cry; All the Bright Places. Again, thanks, Mics. I thought I had a heart of steel. I have been proved wrong.
- One book you didn’t get to in 2016 but will be your number 1 priority in 2017; Don’t get me started on my TBR.
- Book you’re most anticipating in 2017; Fall Boys and Dizzy in Paradise by Jandy Nelson. I will, just as Hazel Grace once said, read her shopping lists. I cannot wait for her new novel.
- One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2017; I hope to actually blog more this year, and stick with it. I took an unexpected hiatus last year and I’m starting fresh this year. In terms of reading? Keep at it 🙂
I think that’s a pretty thorough wrap up. Here’s to the first post of 2017!